Total Pageviews

Monday, December 13, 2010

Venkata Narayana

This guy has tortured me in my B.tech. till i left the college. I would like him to read this particular post and comment too... That sounds real cool to me. 

One of the finest and classic ACEHOLE (I coin this term for the best of a**holes). I would give a brief description of this guy.

Name: P Venkata Narayana.
Age: ICEAGE.
Appearance: Changes. The only standard feature of this specimen is a nice n shiny bald head. Sports different styles of moustache.
Profession: Asst. Professor in EEE Dept. Designation doesn't match deeds.
Description: One post not enough honestly speaking. Thing is, I don't wanna waste much time thinking about him. He generally thinks of himself as a monk of the The Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa order. A smile that has loads of sheepishness. Speaks about meditation sometimes, takes extra hours for this nonsense. The whole point in his lecture is that he wanna establish himself as a holy man, full of ideals and ideologies, incarnation of Sarvepalli RadhaKrishna, loads of knowledge in technical subjects. 


The feeling of proud about self is indeed needed to achieve something coz that instills some confidence. But for doing nothing it is not necessary though. All the while during his lectures we were forced to know how he missed the bus to United States, how he ended up here instead of a chance to be a software engineer, how he cooks sambar at home, how to pronounce his name (veynkata). Never ever i learned one technical thing from him. He used to teach occasionally but that was like a concert in which he reads of the contents of the textbook. Every now and then he gives a pause to crack a joke(he's the only one laughing at them and few others fearing him or just to encourage the poor sucker).


This Ace has a supporting staff too. Things about them are much more interesting/annoying/funny.
Makes me laugh like anything when i wish him good morning and he throws back a gesture of puking out.
Everyone has their own set of experiences with him. 


In one incident I was to give my practical exam in Microprocessors. Luckily I got a simple one: Hexadecimal addition on 8051. I did it and called him to check. He took a paper and wrote down the numbers i gave as inputs and did some math and declared that my program is wrong. I saw uttermost joy in his eye when he declared so. Coz the previous night i was caught smoking in my room ( in university hostel, he was deputy warden that time). I saw that math and told he did decimal addition instead of hexa. He don't wanna check again. So i did the math and showed him hexa addition. His face became red. His ego was hurt. For a while there was frustration in his look, appearance and everything. Blurted out something " You might be a good programmer but I'm not that a**hole". It feels good when others realize some facts about them even if we don't mention that. 
From the next day onwards he was after me pointing something wrong out of whatever I did, whatever I wore.... 


Awarded pass marks to me. Hey Veynkata Narayana I can never ever excuse you for that, for I deserve much more. Hey god gimme a chance to be an Asst professor in my next life where this specimen will remain my student , forever..

Almost forgot to tell ya, he fondly calls me Subbuu betaa...

1 comment: